It’s important to understand how to recover files that were unintentionally deleted. Using Windows’ built-in data backup system will help you accomplish this. You may, however, also employ tools from outside sources. Finding out what kind of files were erased, where they were kept, and how to get them back will help you achieve this.
There are several options to recover a deleted file in Windows, including using a backup, file history, and a third-party tool. You can recover files from a backup you previously made using Windows 11’s Backup and Restore or File History features.
READ MORE > How-To Measure Enterprise Wi-Fi Speeds
Restore Files Using File History
If you cannot find the file you need, you can restore files using file history. This will allow you to retrieve the deleted files with their original date and time. You can use this feature if you are concerned about losing valuable work or if you are trying to prevent the loss of a valuable document. The will automatically backup your desktop and the Desktop folder.
- Connect the external storage device containing your backup files.
- Search for “Control Panel” into the taskbar’s search box.
- File history > save backup copies of your files with file history
- Keep following the instructions to restore your files.
Restore files Using Backup and Restore
Once you locate the folder that contains the deleted files, you’ll need to select which files you need. To do this, you can either right-click on the folder or click on the History button. If you choose the latter option, you’ll be able to see all the files in the folder and group them by category. If you want to restore a single file, you can select it by hovering your mouse over it.
- Connect the storage device device that has your backup files.
- Type Control Panel into the taskbar’s search box.
- Select Backup and Restore after choosing it.
- Select a different backup to restore files from, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
A professional data recovery tool is another option to consider if you’re looking for other ways to retrieve a deleted file. However, before you get one, make sure to take the cost into account. You’ll also need to use caution while installing the software. You could have an incomplete recovery if the software is not installed correctly.